Friday, November 30, 2012

Ensuring your Toy Shopping is Right On Target!

It's that time of year again! It's time to gather your lists, check them twice, and figure out who has been naughty or nice! ;) Whether you are the type of person who loves Christmas shopping or cringes when it is time to head to the stores to shop for your little ones (the crowds don't' help!), there are some simple things you can do to make your experience fun and stress-free!

When it comes to my Christmas shopping, I'm usually a procrastinator. With a busy year like this one has been, it doesn't make matters any easier. This year I tried to get a bit better and do some early shopping (back in July), but realized once mid-November hit that I hadn't done much more than that. So this past week, I have been scurrying around, making lists, and starting my shopping before I'm too late!

When I start my shopping, I usually have an idea of what I'm looking to buy. I have specific criteria I usually follow, especially for my daughter, to make sure the toys I buy are developmentally appropriate. I do a lot of my shopping online (to avoid the craze in the stores and save a bit of money) but I do some in store to try and to try and keep some purchases local. Either way, I have a general idea of what I'm looking for going in, but figure out the exact item I'm going to buy once I'm online or in-store.  I am an planned impulsive shopper - 1/2 and 1/2!

If you are looking for some toy ideas for your little one's this Christmas that are developmentally appropriate and a whole lot of fun, be sure to check out Fisher-Price's Joy of Learning Playtime Guide. You'll also learn about fun playtime activities, playtips and other helpful information!

If you are using the Joy of Learning Playtime Guide to help you decide what to buy for all the little one's in your life, you'll notice that it is categorized into the 3 Pillars of Development. This makes it even easier for your little ones to expand on different developmental skills and for you to understand the toys you are buying and how they help your children. This will help you feel confident that the you are buying toys that are appropriate for your children and ones that they'll love!


Are there any special things you do when planning your Christmas toy shopping to ensure the toys you buy are age and developmentally appropriate, and a hit with your kids?

Disclosure: I am a Fisher-Price Play Ambassador and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my blog. I hope to see you again soon!

Please note that your comment will 'not' appear on the list of comments immediately after submitting it. I moderate all my comments so it may take awhile to appear on the list. Please do 'not' leave duplicate comments. Thank you so much for your patience.